IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Each scholarship has a specific deadline and location for all materials to be submitted for consideration.
Several scholarship applications require a character reference. If a reference is required, you may use one or more that is in the Naviance system.
ESSAYS AND REQUIRED LETTERS:
If required, scholarship donors request that students write carefully, thoughtfully, and correctly (grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.). This is a very important part of the overall application.
A copy of your high school transcript may be required. If so, be sure to request a copy from Guidance and allow a couple of days for us to process your request. Factor this into your application preparation time.
COLLEGE BOARD SCORES:
If the application requests them, you must provide copies of your scores. Some applications require the scores come from the Guidance Department.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING MATERIALS:
Please read the instructions carefully and make sure that all your applications are
complete. Many scholarship donors will not consider incomplete applications. Submit copies of any additional material along with your application.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE, THE SCHOLARSHIP
COMMITTEES WILL NOT CONSIDER THEM!!
We are thrilled to introduce the College Board Opportunity Scholarships, a $25 million commitment to encourage more students to take the steps necessary to get into college. This first-of-its-kind national scholarship program lays out six simple steps that all students can take to get into college. Students have the chance to earn scholarships!
(** This opportunity begins with the class of 2020)
1. Build Your College List: $500
Get started by exploring colleges you’re interested in.
2. Practice for the SAT: $1,000
Use Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy® to get ready for test day.
3. Improve Your Score: $2,000
Show how practice pays off by improving your SAT score.
4. Strengthen Your College List: $500
Make sure your college list has a mix of academic safety, fit, and reach schools.
5. Complete the FAFSA: $1,000
Fill out the free government form to apply for financial aid.
6. Apply to Colleges: $1,000
Apply to the schools you want to attend.
Complete Your Journey: $40,000
Complete all six scholarship steps to be eligible for a $40,000 scholarship.
$2,500.00 Christian College Scholarship Drawing!
The scholarship runs each year from June 1st through May 31st. The drawing winner of each scholarship is selected at random and The Christian Connector, Inc. reserves the right to change the random drawing selection process at any point. Individuals must meet the below guidelines in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must have plans to enroll for the first time as a full-time student at a Christ-centered Christian college or Bible college within 16 months of being notified by The Christian Connector, Inc. that he/she has won the drawing.
- The Christian Connector, Inc. reserves the right to make the determination of whether or not a particular school qualifies. Any school that is a member of the CCCU, NACCAP or ABHE automatically qualifies.
- The scholarship recipient may not currently be enrolled at a Christian college or Bible college.
- The scholarship will not be sent to the individual recipient, but rather it will be sent directly to the school of choice, meeting the above criteria.
- An individual cannot enter the scholarship drawing more than once, however, he/she may use the request form and Christian Connector services as often as they wish.
- By completing the information request form, the winner of the scholarship allows their name, city, and state to be used on the site and in promotional materials, announcing that he/she is a Christian Connector scholarship recipient.
Should the initial randomly selected individual(s) not meet the above guidelines for the scholarship drawing entered, the scholarship will be forfeited and offered to another individual until a selected individual who meets the above guidelines is awarded the appropriate scholarship.
The Christian Connector, Inc. assumes no responsibility for damages or losses associated with these scholarship drawings. Should any taxes apply they are the sole responsibility of the scholarship recipient. The scholarships may not be transferred to another individual.
The Christian Connector, Inc. is not responsible for any malfunction, error (human or mechanical), loss of entries, data or information, or any other circumstances that may discount or exclude the entry of any individual. The Christian Connector, Inc. reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
This drawing is void where prohibited and is subject to any applicable laws.
Here are links to sites to help you with a personal scholarship search: