Students vocalists and musicians work as a team to plan worship that utilizes the gifts and talents of all the band members.
Band members direct and lead the Middle School student body in worship.
Adviser: Baird Lashley
The Middle School Drama Club performs one major production each year. Middle School students learn acting, singing, choreography, backstage management, and more by participating in this high energy, after-school club. Past productions include Annie, Dear Edwina, and Seussical.
Directors: Liz LaRosa, Natalie VandenAkker, and Lina Avila
Math Olympiad is an international program designed for students who enjoy math and want to be challenged to a new level of excellence. The goals of Math Olympiad are to stimulate enthusiasm for math, introduce new concepts, and foster mathematical creativity.
Adviser: Samantha Cook
Pizza & Paperbacks
This popular book club program encourages students to independently read a selected young adult novel. Students then meet after school and enjoy pizza, snacks, and book discussion.
Adviser: Terry Ebbeling
Prefects Team Leaders
Students prepare a periodic school newspaper covering Middle School events, activities, and news.
Students develop and distribute a middle school yearbook. The yearbook’s planning and production is completed by students using digital photography and digital production technology.
- Focus Team: Students may be involved in the Focus Team – an 8th grade leadership group
- Middle School Teams: All students participate in cross-grade team-building activities throughout the year
- Field Trips: Students are able to enrich their academic experience through a variety of field trips
- Summit: A time of leadership building for 8th grade students
Serving The Community
Our Middle School engages in several service activities throughout the year:
- In September we work in conjunction with the People First Food Pantry to create snack packs for local children to bring to school.
- Our sixth grade class participates in Outreach Fridays during their Bible class. This time is set aside to put our faith in action by being Christ’s hands and feet in this world.
- Our seventh grade class has the opportunity to work with the Grafton Community Farm each fall. We harvest produce that is donated to the Worcester County Food Bank.
- The entire WCS community collects soda can tabs for OSAAT (One Step At A Time). This organization uses the metal tabs to raise money that allows children with cancer to attend summer camp.