Welcome to August! Below, you will find several documents that are key to a successful kickoff of the 2022-23 school year:
1 – “Welcome Back to School” letter from Mr. Lukianuk, Head of School.
2 – WCS “Need to Know” Information Sheet – This sheet (which will also be posted on the WCS website) contains a number of important notices regarding upcoming student and parent events, as well as information about communication between WCS and families. Please read through the information carefully and make note of the dates and events which apply to your family. A few highlights requiring immediate action or attention:
- – School day start (7:50) and end time (2:40) for grade K-12.
- – Parent-Student Guidebook – may be reviewed through WCS website www.whitinsvillechristian.org
- – Back to School Nights and Middle/High School Orientations & Locker Setup – all dates are listed.
- – Student Homeroom Assignments & Schedules – will be available in the Student Information section of FACTS Family Portal on Friday, August 12. Simply click on each child’s name and their schedule will be viewable. (Elementary parents, complete class and supply lists will be sent in a separate email.)
- – Parent Alert Communications – important and urgent messages will be sent using Parent Alert, powered by FACTS. Be sure to update the contacts in your phones to include 22383 as “WCS Text Alert” – or other easily self-recognizable title. (An introductory test text will be sent later this morning.)
4 – FACTS Family Portal Information Guides – This guide provides instructions for logging in and utilizing Family Portal school software. This is an important and useful tool in tracking your child’s academic progress, family billing information, and much more.
We hope you enjoy the last weeks of summer vacation and we look forward to seeing you on August 30th for the first day of school!